Transmission Crossmember ('96-'98 Cobra)
Every product test fitted.
We know suspension.
Easy to follow instructions.
via UPS / FedEx / USPS
1996-1998 COBRA - For T-56 (All), *Cobra Spec T-45 & **TH-400 Transmissions
This crossmember is specifically designed to be used with the 96-98 Cobra "bolt-on" style crossmember mounts when reinstalling the factory Cobra Spec T-45 or upgrading to any T-56 or TH-400 transmission. The crossmember is engineered to work with OEM and aftermarket transmission mounts; all while maintaining your current pinion angle. Low deflection polyurethane bushings are used in the mounts to dampen driveline vibrations and noise. For racing applications the polyurethane bushings can be replaced by optional solid bushings.
About Cobra Crossmember Mounts: The 96-98 Cobra was equipped from the factory with a 4 longer T-45 (know as the Cobra Spec T-45) measuring 28.5 from the bell housing face to the transmission mount holes. Because this extra length positioned the transmission mount well behind the OEM crossmember the factory mounting bracket location could not be used. As a solution all 96-98 Cobras were assembled with bolt-on crossmember brackets that were positioned further to the rear of the car and bolted to the subframe.
*Cobra Spec T-45 measures 28.5 from bell housing face to transmission mount holes.
** TH-400 installs with GM style transmission mount and Stifflers mount adaptor
- Single tube design for maximum stiffness without excess weight.
- Easily adjust to fit above listed applications.
- Engineered to maintain pinion angle when using either OEM or aftermarket transmission mounts
- Supplied with polyurethane bushings or can be replaced with solid mounting bushing for racing applications.
- Allows more exhaust clearance than OEM style.
- Works with "set back" engines